Club Information‎ > ‎Minutes‎ > ‎2015‎ > ‎

(09) Sepember 2015

PRINCE EDWARD RADIO CLUB

VA3PEC

c/o Matthew Dwight, 866 Wesley Acres Rd. Box 443. Bloomfield, ON K0K 1G0

BAYBRIDGE NET, 7:30 pm TUESDAY VE3TJU 146.730

WEBSITE: http://www.peradioclub.ca/


The next meeting will be Thursday October 8th,@ 7:30 pm at the Wellington Library


President: Art, VE3SQG, art.sinclair@sympatico.ca

Vice-President: Joe, VA3JLF joe@laferla.ca

Treasurer: Al, VE3LAW, ve3fz@rac.ca

Secretary: Matthew, VE3OCC, matthew@mdwight.com


Minutes of the Meeting of the Prince Edward Radio Club September 10th 2015


ATTENDANCE:

Art VE3SQG, Dave VE3UGT, David VE3STI, David VE6BIR, Doug VE3ZDG, Ian VE3EP, Matthew VE3OCC, Peter VE3UR, Tim VE3UO


CALL TO ORDER:

The meeting was called to order by President Art VE3SQG at 7:33 pm.


OPERATING ACTIVITIES:

- HF has been dead due to recent solar flares. Ian VE3EP indicated it has been bad for the last month and a half

- Dave UGT indicated the 6m was probably open for a bit when the local CBC station was overrun by a US station when he was up near Bancroft.

- Doug was unable to the access the Provincial EOC via HF.

- KBR in Kingston will be out for a while tower maintenance is going on.


MINUTES:

- It was moved by Ian VE3EP and seconded by Doug VE3ZDG that the minutes of the August 13th meeting be accepted. CARRIED

NEW BUSINESS:

- Art VE3SQG talked about the club picnic held at his place in August and was looking for feedback. Everyone thought it when very well. Thank you to Art and Betsy for hosting it. Joe and Gertrud will be host the event next year. Need to work on getting Kevin VA3THB back.

- Doug VE3ZDG said the Yacht has been booked for the evening of Saturday December 5th for the annual PERC Christmas party. The catering has not be booked yet. Doug will look into this. RSVP to Doug. dmonk@kos.net.

- Ian VE3EP indicated that there was a cable problem between the Repeater and the PA that was causing reduce power output from VE3TJU.

- Need to look at replacing guy on the VE3TJU tower before winter.

ARES:

- Doug VE3ZDG said he is still working on the Napanee exercise report.


CLOSING:

- The President closed meeting at 8:34pm.

NEXT Meeting Date:

- The next meeting will be Thursday October 8th , @ 7:30pm at the Wellington Library.


ĉ
Matthew Dwight,
Sep 21, 2015, 10:06 AM
Comments