PRINCE EDWARD RADIO CLUB
c/o C.A. Law RR#2 96 Goodman Crescent, Milford ON K0K 2P0
BAYBRIDGE NET, 7:30 pm TUESDAY VE3TJU 146.730
President: Art, VE3SQG, Art.Sinclair@sympatico.ca
Vice-President: Kevin, VA3THB firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Al, VE3LAW, email@example.com
Secretary: Peter, VE3UR, firstname.lastname@example.org
Minutes of Prince Edward Radio Club - March 3 2011
ATTENDANCE: Dave VE3UGT, Matthew VE3OCC, Joe, VA3JLF, Al VE3FZ, Kevin VA3THB, Bill VA3WOW, Bob, VE3QWB. Ian VE3EP, Tim, VE3UO, Art VE3SQG, Brian VA3BRW Visitor Gary Kyte VE3IVU
Art VE3SQG called the meeting to order at 7:35 pm
1. Approval of previous minutes - It was noted that the call of our visitor Dave was VE3DAD. Moved to accept the minutes with this correction
Moved: Matthew VE3OCC Seconded: Kevin VA3THB Carried
2 Insurance - Treasurer Al VE3FZ reported that we have received the certificate of liability insurance from RAC. Confirmation has been received from RAC that people who join during the year are covered. It is important to understand that the insurance has several components;
a) Liability Insurance for the club and its activities ($10M total Max $3M per occurrence.
b) Individual liability insurance for those who are paid up members of both RAC and the affiliated club - same amounts
The costs to the club for this insurance have a fixed component plus $1 for each member plus $11 for each non-RAC member. (Youth and Life Members excepted)
3 Annual Fees In light of the foregoing the impacts on the clubs finances was discussed and it was concluded that the fee structure should be altered to fairly reflect these costs.
A motion to change the annual fee structure beginning with the 2012 year:
Club members who are RAC members $25 (no change)
Family Club members (at least one RAC member) $35 (no change)
Non -RAC club members $35 ($10 increase)
Non-RAC family membership $45 ($10 increase)
Moved: Art VE3SQG Seconded: Brian VA3BRW Carried
4. Meeting Date Change - We have been contacted by the city requesting that we move our normal meeting date of October 6 as the hall may be required as a polling station. It was agreed to meet the next week , October 13. This date has been confirmed with the city.
5. Fox Hunt - It was agreed to hold the Tour the County fox hunts on Saturday May 7 and Sunday October 16 2011. The Bloomfield Hall has been reserved from 2-5 pm for both events.
6. Field Day - Joint club participation in Field Day was discussed. Eric VA3EP has offered to make his land available again this year. It was agreed that any decision would be deferred until QARC has discussed it at their upcoming meeting
7. Appreciation: The success of the recent PIC programming project and its positive impact on the club and its members was discussed. A motion was made to express the Club's thanks to Eric VA3EP and David VE3STI for their initiative, leadership and effort in bring this very successful project to fruition.
Moved: Matthew Joe VA3JLF Seconded: Brian VA3BRW Carried Unanimously
The meeting was adjourned at 9:10 pm